Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Twenty Things I love About Him

1. He is hands-down the kindest, most gentle man I have ever met.

2. He laughs at all my jokes no matter how stupid or dorky they are and matches me with his own dorky jokes, never failing to make me laugh every day.

3. He can't help but stop to pet a cat when he sees one, even though he is terribly allergic.

4. Every day he thanks me for being in his life and for helping him to take care of his Grandma. (even on the bad days!)

5. He cooks and cleans and does laundry and never hesitates to try to help me with a chore or a problem I'm having. (He says that he wants things to be fair and never wants me to feel like he doesn't do his fair share of the work.)

6. He know exactly what to do when my computer gives me trouble and makes me want to scream, but when he helps he never makes me feel stupid-- he just teaches me what to do next time.

7. He tries to get a little more involved with my kids every day, talking and listening to them, playing with, just helping out.

8. He never acts jealous or possessive and in turn I know that I never need to worry about him cheating or being disloyal; it's just not who he is.

9. Even when we are angry he never raises his voice at me.

10. When he catches me watching him do something else he always smiles and often stops what he is doing to give me a kiss.

11. He has made unconventional decisions about his life that have nothing to do with money or prestige, only with doing the right thing and taking care of family.

12. He is brilliant, not just smart, but an over the top genius and he is generous with his time and knowledge.

13. He tells me that I am as beautiful as I have ever been, despite age and weight gains that he seems to never notice.

14. He tells me that he doesn't care how long it's been since I shaved my legs or my armpits because he understands how busy I am as a mother and as a woman. (and he really doesn't mind either.)

15. He likes to spend Saturdays doing fun things as a family, even though my kids aren't exactly his kids. (although I think time will make them his as much as they are mine.)

16. Last night he said, " You know, when problems come up for you with the kids, I don't think of them as your problems anymore--I think of them as our problems, and I don't want you to worry because there aren't any problems you and I can't solve together."

17. He almost never passes me in a room without stopping to kiss my forehead or brush my hair back from my face or just touching my shoulder on the way by. I always, always feel loved.

18. I trust him to always make decisions with the kids and I, and our happiness, foremost in his mind.

19. His skin smells exactly like it did when we were young, like soap and laundry detergent, and, well, him.

20. I would rather struggle through a bad day with this wonderful man I love than have a good day with any other man on earth...

No comments:

Post a Comment