Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Bucket List

I finally got around to watching "The Bucket List." It has been on my dvd shelf for weeks now, but I finally found time. I enjoyed it. It was funny, but it also made me think. I have lost a lot of people that I care about these last few years and it's left me thinking about how I want to live my life, and about being able to let go at the end with no regrets. So, MY Bucket List:

1. Write a best-seller.
2. See all of my children grown up and successful, and by successful I mean happy with themselves and their accomplishments.
3. Live in the country.
4. Stand in grove of Giant Sequoias.
5. Drive an 18 wheeler, flat-out on the interstate.
6. Exceed the expectations of the people I love.
7. Learn to adapt to change with ease instead of anxiety.
8. Marry the man I have loved since we were only fourteen. (DONE!!!)
9. Go back to school and get my RN.
10. Be able to look back on my Dad's life and death with only laughter, not tears.
11. See the rodeo in Cheyenne.
12. Spend a week horseback-riding at a dude ranch.
13. Take a two day canoe trip down the Clarion River with B.
14. See all three of my children graduate from high school and pursue their dreams with open hearts.
15. Make a difference in the way elderly people spend their last days--better health care, better facilities, more ways for older people to stay in their own homes even after they can't do it alone...
16. Watch all of the episodes of MASH in order.
17. Learn from my own mistakes, ( and maybe from the mistakes of those around me too...)
18. Take road trips to thoroughly photograph both the east and west coasts of the United States.
19. Visit the Vietnam Memorial at night again.
20. Find ways to bridge the gaps between myself and my five siblings.
21. Spend a weekend at a dude ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment