Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Me in Six Words: (Or Maybe More...)

For something different, I decided to ask a couple of people close to me to give me six words that describe me and see what i could do with them. I had originally planned to ask four or five people, but almost no one wanted to cooperate (apparently afraid of offending me because scary was a word that came up often enough.)The results were as follows:



My fourteen year old daughter K:



funny

You can tell time....

Scary

Loving

Clumsy

Cactus

I'm not sure about cactus, but she explained that I am beautiful and resilient, but, well, prickly....


My ten year old son R:

mean

picky

soft

brave

R ran out of steam after just four words, but I have to agree with all four so...



Finally I asked my sweetheart B. He had the most interesting answers. Granted, he was clicking through his online thesaurus for inspiration, but he well exceeded six words. When I asked him about this he said six words just weren't enough.



B:

inquisitive

intelligent

bitchy

socially adept??

Intense

Non-traditional

Simple

Sophisticated

Qualified

Analytical

Determined

Studious

Excruciating

Proficient

Excitable

Warm

Quick

Astute

Stingy

Generous-i didn't mean stingy

abrasive

prickly

goofy

Wacky

Giddy

Ridiculous

Exhausting

Romantic

Sexy

Lovable

Horny

kind


At first I thought some of those words he gave me were questionable (honest? yes. smart to disclose? not sure.) But as we talked afterward, he explained that without any of the more difficult words, I would be just like any other woman...instead of the woman he loves. So he said he loves me for all the words that describe me, not just the good ones. I'm glad I asked...

No comments:

Post a Comment